Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
With a mission to make quality the defining element of higher education in India, National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) proposed that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure that will guide and enhance performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and upscale the quality of the institution. Given that it is an ever evolving and continuous mission, IQAC is recommended to be a part of the Institute system to help usher in quality enhancement by working out planned interventionist strategies, remove deficiencies, recognize best practices, thereby promoting and ensuring a culture of quality.
IQAC was established in MGIT in 2017 and works towards submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) on the quality sustenance initiatives undertaken by this Institute.
- To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Educational Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
- The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks.
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to the improvement of quality.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
- IQAC will facilitate/contribute to
- Ensure clarity and focus on institutional functioning towards quality enhancement with.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution along with heads of the important academic and administrative units and a few teachers, distinguished educationists, representatives of local management and stakeholders
IQAC Committee 2021-22
IQAC Committee 2020-21
IQAC Committee 2019-20
IQAC Minutes of Meeting
Action Taken Report of IQAC Meetings
Quality Assurance Mechanism
Quality Management Framework
- Stakeholders Feedback 2020-21
- Stakeholders Feedback 2019-20
- Stakeholders Feedback 2018-19
- Students Feedback
- Alumni Feedback
- Parents Feedback
- Employer Feedback
- Graduate Survey
- Exit Survey
- Students Feedback for Online Classes
- Teachers Feedback